Bentonville Multiple DWI Defense Lawyer
Defending Repeat Offenders
A repeat DWI offense within five years of your first offense is a serious matter. Repeat offenses are judged more harshly and carry more severe penalties upon conviction. You may be facing felony charges, hefty fines, incarceration, and more. Under these circumstances, it is critical that you retain the services of a proven and experienced attorney.
You can turn to Jonathan D. Nelson, Attorney at Law for the help you need. As a dedicated criminal defense firm, we provide legal representation that is based on many years of practice, including former prosecution experience. When you hire our firm, you receive the direct services of our Bentonville multiple DWI defense attorney, never an associate. With our successful track record, we know what it takes to meet the challenges of any DWI charge, including complex repeat offenses.
Repeat DWI Offenses in Arkansas
If you are convicted of a second or third DWI within 5 years, you face misdemeanor penalties including:
- Jail time of 30 days up to a year for a second offense and 90 days up to year for a third offense
- Fines of up to $3,000 for a second offense and up to $5,000 for a third offense
- A 2-year license suspension for a second offense and a 30- to 36-month suspension for a third offense
- An ignition interlock system installed and maintained at your expense
- Completion of an alcohol education program
Conviction of a fourth or fifth DWI within 5 years is charged as a felony punishable by:
- Prison time of 1 to 6 years for a fourth offense and 2 to 6 years for a fifth offense
- Fines of up to $5,000
- Revocation of your driver’s license for 4 years up to life
Furthermore, you will have a permanent criminal record, which can seriously impair your reputation, your job and housing prospects, and your ability to secure financial aid or professional licenses.
DWI law is complicated and confusing, which is why it is of the utmost importance to seek legal guidance and support.
DWI and Reckless Driving Not Guilty
DWI Not Guilty
DWI, Flight, and Resisting Arrest Not Guilty
DWI, Speeding, Possession of Open Container, and Expired Vehicle Tags Not Guilty
DWI Not Guilty
An Exclusive Focus on Criminal Defense
More Than 15 Years of Experience
Former State Prosecutor
More Than 400 Jury Trials Handled
Personalized One-on-One Representation
Certified Law Enforcement Instructor